Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cougartown


The accomplishment of bagging an older woman is no longer just a passing fad, but a cultural phenomenon. Your boys will give you full bragging rights and hang on to your every word as you tell them how it all went down during the cougar-hunt. Conversely, is it an accomplishment for a woman to bag a younger man? And why does it seem to get easier for us as young men to bag older women? Today I bring you the answers.

                Are younger men different to older men? Of course they are. Every generation is going to have both similarities and differences. The main difference that our generation has over the older is that our mothers have been empowered women with a voice in not only the family, but in society. With a strong woman as a mother, we are brought up with a different respect for women than our elders.

                What do we want in an older woman other than bragging rights? Well an older woman has already established herself financially and mentally. If she wants kids – she already has them. She already has a career/money, so we don’t need to worry about these gold digging bitches snatching our credit cards. She should be mature enough to have realized that the ‘fairy tale’ wedding and all the bullshit that comes with it is only for celebrities – so we just get good food, fine wine, and experienced sex. Winning.

                Does the older woman gain advantages with the younger man? Yes, along with disadvantages. The advantages are that we have no baggage, we have so much love and respect that you are in your sexual prime, and we are at our most confident. Disadvantages are that this confidence will most likely lead us to stray because we think we are invincible and that we will not get caught. Our ego fluctuation between high and low is so unpredictable that at times you may have to treat us like the children we are so we don’t begin to sulk. And being with a younger man you may start to fear that we will leave you as you begin to age. However, if you are a strong and confidence woman (which you are, since that is the reason we are looking for cougars) and you are in a real relationship – you have nothing to worry about.

                I don’t know how many older readers I have out there since this is aimed mainly at college students, but at least now you have an idea why we get so excited about women who (like fine wine) get better with age.

2 comments:

  1. oh how i love me a cougar... mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m an older reader, but I might not count because I’m a guy. However, I was once a young guy and I fell in love with an older woman. I married her when I was 24 and she was 51. We are now 45 and 72 respectively. The most important part of this paragraph is that we’re still happily married.

    In my day, being with an older woman wasn’t as easy as it is now. This is a good thing, because older women have so much to offer younger men. That isn’t the case universally speaking, but for some of us guys, an older woman is the best thing for us and vice versa.

    I like the picture that was used in this article, the one with the cigarette smoking cougar. I like it because my wife is a cigarette smoking cougar. I guess you could say it hits close to home. As a young man, her smoking was part of the mature allure. Of course, that was then, and this is now. Times have changed, and most younger men probably wouldn’t feel the same way about an older woman who smokes.

    I’m successful today and I owe much of my success to a strong and older woman who pushed me to succeed. Today, we’re both enjoying the fruits of my labor and her management of me.

    The only drawbacks about marrying an older woman is that you may not have children of your own together and she will probably leave this earth before you do. Other than those things, it’s been a bed of roses as far as I’m concerned. The positives outweigh the negatives.

    I think that for most younger men, an older woman is an experience and part of the bucket list. But for some of us, myself included, it’s a lifelong preference. I would briefly describe our relationship as warm, cozy, parental and very sexy. To each his own.

    ReplyDelete