Sunday, October 9, 2011

Why We Play the Game


They say “nothing worth having comes easy.” I say there is an exception to every rule. Playing games for days, weeks, even months to try and get with someone is ridiculous. There are so many unwritten rules about trying to get with someone:


·         Always wait at least as long as you had to wait for a text before you send a text.
·         Never text first.
·         Stay away from “xx”
·         Wait for at least 3 rings before you answer her calls so it looks like your busy.
·         Only one question mark per message.
·         Your message should be shorter than their message.
·         Never send two in a row.
·         Do not try to arrange a date on the first text.

Whoever made these rules was obviously ballin’… Not. I mean, there is a certain text etiquette we should probably follow – you already know how I feel about the DOUBLE BACK! But if you have the time to follow all these rules, and you have to sit and watch your phone ring to pretend you’re busy – you are a LAME.

As for the “nothing worth having comes easy” saying, would it not be a colossal disappointment to put in work playing all these preposterous games, get the girl, and find out she is actually a GIANT douche!? This is why this game routine has to change. If I straight up told someone I like them, I would be considered weird. What’s weird is that we have this compulsion to play juvenile games without getting to know each other until later. If we could just be honest and tell people, “I want to hook up with you,” or, “I like you,” wouldn’t everything be so much simpler? At least we would know where we stand and with who. I know this won’t change, so go ahead and disappoint each other with your juvenile games. I will remain the quiet observer.

No comments:

Post a Comment