Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pet Peeve #2 – Happy Birthday Wall Post



When it is someone’s birthday, if you did not know it was their birthday or you are not friends with them, do not write happy birthday on their wall like you miss them. If you see someone and tell them happy birthday, do not write on their wall afterwards. If you said happy birthday in the morning, you do not need to say happy birthday every time you see them for the rest of the day. Do less.

If you are really someone’s friend you have their number, so call them, text them, or here’s something crazy: see them! And please, don’t call, text, facebook, tweet, and email them. One is fine, as long as it is not via social network. That’s cheating. Social networks tell you people’s birthdays. That is why there are so many fake people out there that are able to talk shit about you, but still act like they were thinking about you on your birthday. I would rather get one text from one real friend than 2000 “happy bday clay” wall posts. You couldn’t even capitalize my name on my birthday? The anniversary of when I was brought in to existence? You couldn’t capitalize? But you still took the time to write almost nothing on my wall didn’t you? So I can’t be mad. Yes. I. Fucking. Can.

There are exceptions. People who are overseas may write a happy birthday wall post. It can get costly to call and text from overseas, I can understand that. But you better capitalize, believe that. And try to do more than “happy bday x” or “happy bday clay have a good one.” Punctuate. Tell a joke. Capitalize my fucking name. Remember birthday cards? Send one. Send a corny birthday card.. But that’s a totally separate pet peeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment