Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday


Everybody is a sports analyst today. Everyone knows better than everyone else. Everyone deserves a job at ESPN. Not really though.

                Super Bowl Sunday comes around and the debates are in full force like a political forum. Even people like me, who have no business talking about this game (I’m a Greenbay fan), get into heated arguments about today’s results. However, these people probably have more of an idea than the actual fans of the Giants and the Patriots do. Fans always back their team, no matter how ignorant their arguments are.

                Dining hall, class, locker room, crib; these are all places I hear these debates go down. Better QB, better offense, better defense, better special teams, career stats, hotter wives, better uniform – shut up. Trash talk is one thing, pretending you are an expert is another. We all know the rules, we all enjoy the game, but if we were put on the ESPN halftime show we would look like fools.

                This is a lose/lose Super Bowl. I wish it could be a draw and no one would win. Both Giants and Patriots fans are the most obnoxious fans in the league. No matter who wins, the aftermath is going to make me want to blow my brains out. Especially when the wannabe analysts start their I-told-you-so’s.

                If I had money on this game at least I would have someone to root for. That always makes a game more exciting. My pick – Patriots by 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment