Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pet Peeve #19 – All Ice, No Drink


Why is it that when I’m in a restaurant I am reminded of an athletic training room? It wouldn’t be because people keep running around getting me ice by any chance, would it?

                Regardless of whether its fast food where I pay $1 for a gallon of soda, or it’s an upscale restaurant where I pay upwards of $5 for a glass of soda, I still only get a sip of soda and what seems like a large percentage of the arctic north in my cup. What kind of ice are they serving me, methamphetamine?

                Why do they bother asking if the table would like any beverages? They should just ask what flavor we would like added to our ice, since that’s essentially what they do. When is it acceptable to bring me a cup of ice? Only if by some chance I am going into labor, I heard ice chips are good for that.

                If there are free refills I can accept the ice cup to an extent. But if I am paying for every cup of ice that gets brought out to me, there better be a prize waiting for me in the middle of one of the ice cubes. A good prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment